August 4, 2012

My Best Friend's Wedding


Saturday, August 4th was the day of Sarah's wedding. And the reason for our 5 day layover in Edmonton. It was very beautiful and everything went smoothly. But, it being Alberta in August, we had to be sprayed down with Deet between photo shoots just to keep the bugs away long enough to stop swatting the air for a picture. Mike went as my mom's date, which I'm sure she enjoyed very much.

Sarah, Sophie and I have been going to school together since we were 4 years old, so it was very special to get to be a part of the wedding and to be reunited after so much time apart. It was also a reunion for Sophie and Mike, who hadn't seen each other in nearly ten years. And judging by their well-coordinated moves on the dance floor, they got along great!

Tomorrow, I'll be recovering from the festivities, trying not to fall asleep on the bike, while Mike drives us in the direction of Saskatoon. There, we plan on meeting up with Matt and Morgan for another long awaited reunion!

2 comments:

  1. Three of the most beautiful girls I know (and love )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pic ... The Mosquitos drove me out of Edmonton over 17 years ago .... well more than just the skeeters ... so where are you now?

    ReplyDelete